It Takes a Volunteer Village
Beaver Creek Farm Sanctuary relies on the dedicated help of volunteers. We are currently under construction and will be accepting new volunteers in the Spring 2016.
We are always looking for foster homes. Please fill out a volunteer application with special detail to the Foster Home section please. We will be checking your references.
Send Volunteer Applications to Silvana: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s your fancy?
We have Team Pawds that get things done – pick one or two to join and reap the rewards of good deeds done!
- Volunteer Pawd – organizing and supporting the Volunteer Program via administration, communications, recruiting foster family volunteers, training and logistics.
- Fundraising Pawd – with major capital expansion plans coming up next year, we’ll have a super active roster of activities in Fundraising this year – join 2015 Corporate Fundraising and the whole BCFS team!
- Events Pawd – a person to help choose and implement the activities we undertake to spread awareness and raise funds – 2015 Event Coordinator Mary H.
- Communications Pawd – people who love to spread the news and talk up the rescue!
- Social Media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- eNewsletter – a person who likes to edit and create
- Website Maintenance – writing, editing and making our site the hub of information for adoptable animals, volunteers, events and public education programs
- Operations Pawd – people who don’t mind putting on the work boots, picking up a pitchfork, or swinging a hammer!
- Horse Care – people who can help with barn chores, grooming and loving them up during the long winter!
- Puppy Love – the wee ones inside and the big guys outside always welcome attention, walks and play time
- Adoptions Pawd – people on the front lines of rescue, rehab and re-homing our animals in need! Join the team to help on an assignment basis with transport, training, dog walking, home visits and more
- Foster Intake Coordinator – Maria S
- Adoptions Coordinator Silvana C
And more …
Work with the animals, clean stalls, scrub out water buckets, bath horses and dogs. Socialize dogs and cats. Spend time grooming the horses. Do a little manual labour. Dirty jobs await! The water trough can use a good scrubbing. The pig shelter needs to be cleaned as well as the duck shelter. Litter boxes emptied, dog poop picked up and general odd jobs. We also need people able to do transports. Dogs to and from the vet or groomers. Transport dogs to go to different foster homes – speaking of which, we can always use more foster homes. Volunteers are important at events for fundraising, representation and assistance. We are always looking for building help – we need a new leanto and would love some expertise in getting the most from the facilities we have now. There is a never ending list of work waiting at the farm. Fencing fixed, lines walked and puppies to cuddle.
- Gus (Kuvasz Hungarian Sheepdog) intake Mar 2012, Age 12
- Taz (Shih Tzu) Toy Poodle, intake Oct 2006, Age 8
- Poco (Shih Tzu mix) intake Mar 2009 – Rainbow Bridge Feb 2015, Age 11
- Jackson (Shih Tzu mix) intake Oct 2011, Age 5
- Hershel (Potbellied Pig) intake Apr 21/14, Age 2
- Ginger (Potbellied Pig) intake 2009, Age 7
- Charlotte (Potbellied Pig) intake Sep 2008, Age 7
- Autumn (Clydesdale Draft Cross Horse) intake Jun 2010, Age 23
- Turtle (Thoroughbred Horse) intake Oct 2012, Age 9
- Splash (Appaloosa Horse) intake Dec 2012, Age 14
- Nelly (Goat) intake May 2009, Age 10
- Athos (Ragdoll Cat) intake 2009, Senior
- Mushroom (Domestic LH Cat) intake 2009, Senior
- Mr. Smith (Muscovy Duck) intake Sep 2009, Age 5
- Flossie (Muscovy duck)– intake June 25/14, Age 1
- Mossie (Muscovy duck)– intake June 25/14, Age 1
- Bess (Muscovy duck)– intake June 25/14- Rainbow Bridge Feb 2015
- Whitehead (Muscovy duck)– intake June 25/14, Age 1
- Dirk (Muscovy duck)– intake June 25/14, Age 1
- Waddle (Muscovy duck)– intake June 25/14, Age 1
Adoptable Animals and Happy Tails
- 37. Buddy and Baby (Yorkshire Terriers) – intake Feb 8, 2015 – Adopted Feb 20, 2015
- 36. Harriette (Shih Poo) – intake Sep 26, 2014 – Palliative Care
- 35. Chichi (Chihuahua) intake July 11, 2014 – Adopted Feb 21, 2015
- 34. Truffles (Pot Bellied Pig) intake December 21/14 – up for adoption
- 33. Donkey (Californian Rabbit) intake June 26 – up for adoption
- 32. Blossom (Rex rabbit) – Adopted Jan 2015
- 31. Petal (Rex Rabbit) – over the Rainbow Bridge Jan 2015
- 30. Snuffles (Catahoula Beagle mix) – Adopted Dec 2014
- 29. Muffin (Shih Tzu) – intake Oct 28, 2014 – Adopted Dec 2014
- 28. Fletcher (Lab mix) intake Oct 25/14 – Adopted Nov 28, 2014
- 27. Tia (Chihuahua) – Intake July 11 2014, Adopted Nov 21, 2014
- 26. Bentley (Rhodesian mix) – intake Aug 23, 2014 – Adopted Nov 14, 2014
- 25. Betty White (Shar Pei Basset Hound) – intake Sep 27, 2014 – Adopted Oct 20, 2014
- 24. Daisy Mae (American Bulldog) – intake Aug 23 – Adopted Oct 6, 2014
- 23. Lucky (Poodle mix) intake Oct 25/14 – Adopted Nov 3, 2014
- 22. Mandy (Vizsla mix) intake Oct 25/14 – Adopted Nov 22, 2014
- 21. Mia (Shepherd mix) intake Oct 25/14 – Adopted Nov 5, 2014
- 20. Solo (Poodle mix) intake Oct 25/14 – Adopted Nov 4, 2014
- 19. Droopy (Poodle mix) intake Oct 25/14 – Over Rainbow Bridge
- 18. Ozzie (Shih Tzu) intake Sep 26, 2014 – Adopted Oct 13 2014
- 16 & 17. Thelma & Louise (kittens) intake May 31/14 – Adopted Aug 20, 2014
- 15. Jake (Orange kitten) intake May 31/14 – Adopted June 5, 2014
- 14. Ling Ling (Apricot Poodle) – intake Oct 2013 Adopted Dec 1, 2013
- 13. Ruby (Chihuahua) intake May 7/ 14 – Adopted June 14, 2014
- 12. Winston II (St Bernard) intake June 17/14 – Adopted June 30, 2014
- 11. Oliver (Akita Rottie mix) intake June 14 – Adopted June 21, 2014
- 10. Sophie (Poodle) intake July 5 – Adopted Aug 22, 2014
- 9. Taffi (Cocker Spaniel) intake Aug 15/14 – Adopted Aug 26, 2014
- 8. Mama (Northern dog mix) intake Aug 21/14 – Adopted Nov 8, 2014
- 7. Buddy (Northern dog mix) intake Aug 20/14 – Adopted Nov 15, 2014
- 6. Boston (Northern dog mix) intake Aug 20/14 – Adopted Sep 12, 2014
- 5. Willow (Shih Tzu) intake Aug 21/14 – Adopted Sep 16, 2014
- 4. Winston (Husky) intake June 10/14 Adopted June 12, 2014
- 3. Tia (Yorkie) intake Jan 8/14 – adopted May 14, 2014
- 2. Doomer (Shih Poo) intake Feb 2014 – Adopted April 1, 2014
- 1. Zoe (Shih Poo) intake Feb 2014 – Adopted April 1, 2014
ADOPTED! Arrived June 14, 2014: Oliver. Akita Rottie mixed breed dog from the south who was rescued with just 16 minutes to spare before being destroyed due to over population at the shelter where he ended up. Oliver is a sweet boy with a fun loving personality. He’s a thinker and a lover. Likes other dogs and cats. We believe Oliver was approximately 12 weeks old when he came to us; now he is a big goofy dog! Oliver has been adopted! June 21, 2014 Adopted! Ruby – a tri-colour chihuahau has been adopted and went to her forever home June 14, 2014! We are so happy for the new family. Adopted! Cookie – We have had many dogs that have come to BCFS to heal and our first ever rescue dog is no exception. Cookie was found wandering the cold streets of Toronto matted, infected and horribly alone. She was found by a stranger who couldn’t help so she turned Cookie into the local shelter. The local shelter found Cookie to be unadoptable due to her medical condition, so they contacted BCFS in hopes that we would be able to rehabilitate her in a home environment. … and we did. Cookie is now living in her forever home with her big brother Blue (who also happens to be a shih tzu) and loving family. It took months of nursing until Cookie was finally ready for her forever home and the transition was a difficult one for both of us. Ling Ling – Adopted! Next came a powerhouse in a six pound curly apricot body. Ling Ling was a small toy poodle full of love and fun, but not living in the right environment. She was surrendered after being kicked by one of the young children. She came a little afraid, but more than willing to move forward to a forever home. After her spay and badly needed dental Ling Ling found a wonderful forever home where she visits the local nursing homes as a therapy dog. A very happy tail!